Teachers can choose from a listing of workshops that have been planned and outlined by the artists. You can click on the workshops tab above to see the current offerings.
You can request the workshop( that you're interested in and send in your application.
PAINTS is a matching funds program. Artists are paid $80/hour for their contact time with students; schools are responsible for half of that, $40/hour.
Materials funding is also provided by paints, up to $125 per project. If a project requires materials in excess of that amount, it will be detailed in the project description.
Each school may apply for up to 24 hours of workshop time. We do our best to share the resources across grade levels and communities. Some requests may not be possible due to limitations on funds and/or artist availability.
PAINTS projects can:
- Explore local political, social and cultural concerns through art, or use art to explore concepts in math, history, language and science.
- Provide an opportunity for classes without an art program to explore art making and creative thinking.
- Have artists talk about their work, the ideas behind it, and the techniques they use to create it.
- Have an artist work with students to create a permanent work of art for the school.
- Augment an established art program by introducing an artist who is working in the medium or subject area being studied.
- And on and on!
Deadlines this year for Schools to Apply: Sept 30 and Jan 30 . If there are funds remaining, we will add a spring deadline.
And then... We'll contact you about two weeks after the deadline to let you know if your project is approved.
Questions? Browse the site, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrea at 902-423-4694.